Rules and Regulations for KBBC - Kayak / Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP)
I/We wish to apply for monthly membership of the KBBC – Kayak / SUP Section. I/We hereby authorise the Panaga Club to deduct from my Panaga Club account.
CHILDREN BELOW 16 YEARS OLD MAY NOT TAKE OUT THE SUP’S WITHOUT PARENTAL OVER SITE.
I/We understand that cancellation of membership does not entitle me to any refund, in full or pro rata rebate.
Cancellation of membership must be advised in writing to the Panaga Club Administration Office or Section Committee member and will take effect once received/accepted.
Members who resign are only allowed to re-apply as full member after six months from the cancellation date otherwise temporary membership shall apply with advance charges as per period applied for.
INDEMNITY AND PARENTAL COMMITMENT/AUTHORISATION
I/We and/or my/our family acknowledge:
Any persons entering the Club’s property and/or using the Club’s facilities:
- do so entirely at own risk and neither the Club nor the Club’s management, volunteers or committee members, members or any employees shall be liable in any manner whatsoever for:
- any claim or damage arising or suffered either directly or indirectly from personal injury or harm whatsoever, including death, or any damage whether direct or indirect to personal or other property whatsoever, and howsoever caused.
- shall, by doing so, be deemed to indemnify the Club against any liability for damages, howsoever caused.
I/We acknowledge and understand the Kayak and Stand Up Paddleboard HSE Induction overleaf.
Revision: January 2017
Kayak/ SUP Committee
Alessandro Loi – email@example.com ; 8653471
Rupert Kaile – firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking Out Equipment:
- Kayak/SUP members must sign the membership form and complete the HSE induction
- Membership provides access to the key at the front security desk
- Please sign log sheet at the Panaga sailing area each time you use the equipment
- Allowed to take SUP’s and sit on top kayaks (Note: only those that have completed the kayak
pool class are allowed to use the “sit-in” type kayaks)
- 6 Stand up Paddle Boards (4 Hobie’s and 2 Starboards)
- 6 Oars (Note: 2 are adjustable length)
- 4 SUP Leashes
- 4 Sit on Top Kayaks and oars (1 is a 2 man kayak)
- 4 Red helmets
- Beach Hazards
o Exposure from sun
o Sandfly bites
- Sea Hazards
- Use vinegar for box jellyfish
- Use saltwater for Man of wars
o Sea snakes
- Personal Hazards
o Falling onto the board – use of helmets
o Waves pushing boards and kayaks onto those that fall – use of helmets
o Risk to knees and ankles from falling in shallow water
Equipment Storage and Maintenance
- Wash equipment down before storing
- Take apart the 2 piece oars for storage