Rules and Regulations for Library Section Membership
- Return completed form to the Panaga Club Administration Office.
- Allow approximately one week for your registration to be processed.
- I/We understand that cancellation of membership does not entitle me to any refund, in full or pro rata rebate. Cancellation of membership must be advised in writing to the Panaga Club Administration Office or Section Committee member and will take effect once received/accepted.
- Members who resign are only allowed to re-apply as full member after six months from the cancellation date otherwise temporary membership shall apply with advance charges as per period applied for.
- I/We understand that there will be a fee of B$7.50 per family per month and hereby authorize the Panaga Club to deduct from my Panaga Club account
- I/We acknowledge and understand the Library Rules overleaf. The Rules can be view at: www.panagaclub.com or Club Foyer.
INDEMNITY AND PARENTAL COMMITMENT/AUTHORISATION I/We and/or my/our family acknowledge:
Any persons entering the Club’s property and/or using the Club’s facilities:
- do so entirely at own risk and neither the Club nor the Club’s management, volunteers or committee members, members or any employees shall be liable in any manner whatsoever for:
- any claim or damage arising or suffered either directly or indirectly from personal injury or harm whatsoever, including death, or any damage whether direct or indirect to personal or other property whatsoever, and howsoever caused.
- shall, by doing so, be deemed to indemnify the Club against any liability for damages, howsoever caused.
Library Section - RULES
Membership Card: You must present your Panaga Club Membership Card each time you borrow items from the Library.
Membership Fee: The monthly membership charge is B$7.50 per family, and is deducted from your monthly Panaga Club Account. Cancellation of membership is to be in writing to the Panaga Club Administration Office.
Library Items: Your membership allows you to borrow books, DVDs, audio books and magazines.
The allowance per family (including single status) is:
-- 6 items per couple (or single status)
-- 2 items per child
Members are reminded that DVDs and audio books are covered by copyright law and must not be copied. A maximum of 3 DVDs can be borrowed at a time.
Library items are the property of Panaga Club and may not be taken out of Brunei.
Loan Period: Books, audio books and DVDs: 3 weeks
Magazines: 1 week
Overdue Books: Overdue fines are charged as listed below. As a courtesy to our members, the Library may issue email reminders about overdue books. Please ensure we have your current email address at all times. However, the responsibility for overdue books remains with the member at all times.
First day up to 6 days = $0.50
2nd week = $2.00
3rd week = $5.00
4 th to 5th week = $8.00
6 th to 9th week = $10.00
10th week = Item is considered lost and members will be charge the replacement cost.
Loss or Damage: Members will be charged the replacement cost for items that are lost or damaged.
Renewals: Items can be renewed for further loan periods unless another reader has reserved it. Renewals may be done by emailing the library before the due date of the item.
Reservations: Items may be reserved by completing a Reservation Slip which is available in the Library.
Visitors: Visitors who have temporary membership at the Club may use the library allowance of their host family (with appropriate permission) for the period of their stay. The visitor’s host is responsible for any fines or bills for lost or damaged items outstanding after the visitor’s departure.
Food and/or Drink: Please do not bring food or beverage items into the Library.
Disruptive Behaviour: Disruptive or inappropriate behaviour that may affect other library users or staff is not acceptable in any part of the library. In such cases, offenders may be asked to leave the library. Library users requiring supervision should be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
Email: The library’s email address is: email@example.com
Facebook: The page can be found under “Panaga Library”. Useful information, such as changes to opening hours, and new items available are displayed on this page.
Leaving Brunei: When you leave Brunei at the end of your posting, please ensure you have returned all library items before your account is closed.
Changes to Library Rules: The Library reserves the right to revise the Library Rules. All changes to the
Library Rules are posted three weeks in advance in the Panaga Club Newsletter and are on display in the Library.